Joy, music and tradition, the summer festivals of the Barcelona neighborhoods are an event that you cannot miss. Point out which ones are coming and live them, Hola Barcelona takes you there!
Summer in Barcelona offers irresistible plans and enjoying the local festivals is always a great idea. We offer you a selection of some of them to experience the Barcelona summer to the fullest!
- Torre Baró: The main festivals of Torre Baró, which are held on the weekends of July 1-2 and 7-8, are known for their festive and welcoming atmosphere. The neighborhood dresses in color and is filled with music, dances and activities for all tastes and ages. Do not miss the opportunity to go and enjoy the children's games, bicycle rides, concerts... and much more!
- El Carmel: El Carmel is one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in Barcelona, and from June 30 to July 9 it celebrates its local festivals with a special touch. The streets are decorated with lights and banners, and concerts, popular dances, and contests are scheduled to maintain the festive spirit for several days. Sports activities, concerts, the traditional correfoc and the end of the festival with the fireworks "Mascletada de Colors".
- Vallbona: In Vallbona, the local festivals are synonymous with guaranteed fun. From July 14 to 16, the neighborhood hosts activities that are part of the rich Catalan tradition. There is also a wide variety of options for all audiences, young and old can enjoy sports activities, concerts, popular dances, etc. It is a party that reflects the community spirit of that area of the city.
- Poble-sec:Poble-sec is another neighborhood that is not far behind when it comes to celebrating local festivals. Its festivities, which take place from July 14 to 23, fill the streets with music and joy. In addition, there are theater shows and concerts for all tastes, as well as children's activities for the little ones. It is an event that brings together residents and visitors to share a unique experience.
- El Raval: El Raval is a vibrant neighbourhood, which is reflected in its major festivals. Its festival, on July 16, is in honor of the Virgen del Carmen, the patron saint of the main parish of the Raval. Live music, human towers and stalls with craft products are some of the attractions of this festival. Workshops and cultural activities are also organized for all audiences.
In addition to these neighborhood festivals, it is worth noting the major festivals in August in Gràcia and Sants, two of the most emblematic in the city and which adorn the streets creating a magical and creative atmosphere. In September we will tell you about the La Mercè 2023 Festivities, the biggest festival in Barcelona!
If you want to enjoy all these festivities and live an exciting summer, don't miss the opportunity to go by metro and bus with the Hola Barcelona Travel Card!
The festivals in Barcelona are an opportunity to enjoy the joy, music and culture of the different neighborhoods. Each festival has its charm and offers a unique experience for residents and visitors. These celebrations are a sample of the festive and welcoming spirit of the city, which invites everyone to participate and share unforgettable moments, Hola Barcelona takes you there! , don't miss it! Find out the disruptions and recommended transport.